Frequently Asked Questions
- The document has not been signed.
- The document is not clear and legible. Recommended font size is 12 point or larger.
- The documented is not dated.
- The name that you have requested is unavailable because it is not distinguishable from another business entity on file.
- We were not able to obtain tax clearance from the Department of Revenue. Please contact the Tennessee Department of Revenue at (615) 253-0600 or (800) 342-1003.
- The address of the registered office must be a physical Tennessee address; it cannot be a post office box, route number or box number alone.
Is any special language required in Tennessee for UCC-1 filings?
New Year’s Day
Monday, January 3, 2022
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Monday, January 17, 2022
Monday, February 21, 2022
Friday, April 15, 2022
Monday, May 30, 2022
Monday, July 4, 2022
Monday, September 5, 2022
(The Governor has substituted the Friday after Thanksgiving
for the Columbus Day holiday.)
Friday, November 11, 2022
Thursday, November 24, 2022
Friday, December 23, 2022
New Year’s Eve
Friday, December 30, 2022 (state offices will also be closed for
New Year’s Day on Monday, January 2, 2023)